Le Dolci, for those of you who don't know, offers classes on how to make and decorate delicious treats like Parisian macarons, cupcakes, cake pops, and mini fondant wedding cakes. They also host birthday, bachelorette and corporate events.
I know this post should be about honey and mead but I need to show you these cute cupcakes first!
Sorry, I digress. Back to honey and mead :D
Owned by the Roman family, Rosewood Estates Winery & Meadery is an award winning boutique winery located on the Beamsville Bench. Lovers of wine and honey, Rosewood produces 100% VQA wines, honey and the first honey wines in Niagara.
Below is Krystina Roman (@Rosewoodwine) talking about Rosewood's beekeeping and harvesting operation. Here are some interesting Rosewood's beekeeping facts:
- Rosewood has 9 bee yards located all over Niagara with over 300 hives.
- Each hive is between 2 to 4 boxes high. Each box can have up to 25,000 bees. On average each hive can have over 75,000 bees
- Rosewood makes most of their hives by scratch
- Their honeybees source wildflower, clover, mint, goldenrod, Russian sage for their nectar.
-Their bees need to visit over 1 million flowers for one pound of honey
- Their bees come from Hawaii, Italy & Russia